More Great Characteristics of UU’s DPT Program

 Physical Therapy | Utica University


Hi readers! For this post, I wanted to talk a little more about some of the many things that I love about Utica University’s physical therapy program (one post just wasn't enough)! The college is very involved with the Utica community, so there are so many opportunities to get involved in volunteer work! One big event that happens here in Utica is the Boilermaker! It’s a big, annual 15K that takes place here in the city. Some of the PT students go and give the runners massages after they finish the race. It’s so much fun for the whole community!


Another amazing thing that I personally love about Utica’s program is the pro bono clinic that we have the opportunity to volunteer at called Utica R.I.S.E. R.I.S.E stands for Rehabilitation and Integrative Services. The clinic provides care to disadvantaged people in the greater Utica area. First year students and second year students go and work together at the clinic. This is a great way to give back to the community and good practice for us as students. 


One last thing that I really really like about Utica’s DPT curriculum is how well they address health care promotion and wellness. In the curriculum, there is time taken to talk about how to best support and encourage the well-being of all people no matter their economic status, race, ethnicity, gender, etc. I personally love that this is talked about and am truly happy that it’s vocalized. I think it’s important to have these conversations, especially as future health care professionals. 


These are just a few of the many things I really love about Utica University’s DPT program and characteristics I think help set it apart from a lot of other programs. 


If you have questions about UU’s program, email me at mmlazore@utica.edu. 


Goodbye for now, folks☺


Maryanne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome All

Human Gross Anatomy: What to Expect

What a Schedule & Classes are Like in the First Year