Wrapping Up My Time at UU

 


13,400+ Good Bye Words Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

https://www.istockphoto.com/photos/good-bye-words


Hello everyone! If you’ve been following along, you likely know that I am going to be finishing up my final semester of classroom work here at UU. I have learned so many things and have grown so much as a student, physical therapist and person. I remember my first day of class and all of the emotions that rushed over me for what was to come - all the people I’d meet, the things I’d learn, the places I’d go. I look back on my time here and remember the days going by so so slow, but man have these past two years f l o w n by. I definitely will miss some of the aspects of coming to campus everyday and learning things in a classroom as I have my whole life up until now, but I am VERY excited to head out on clinical for my final year of the program. 


I had the best time at my clinical last summer, getting a chance to work hands on and apply everything I had learned. It is really a setting I thrive in. I have always been a hands-on learner who learns through experiential learning, so clinicals are the perfect setting for me to practice what I know and learn even more from amazing clinical instructors and other professionals in the field. One more year of UU DPT, then a whole lifetime of PT where I’ll continue to learn and look back on my time I spent here in Utica. 


Some of my favorite memories include working with seniors at The Parkway Senior Center for our caring for the community course each semester, spending hours reviewing for lab practicals with my study group during gross anatomy (although if you asked me then, it was not very fun…), having so much fun with community members during our neuroscience semester, and many more that I will remember forever. 


I hope that each of my readers has a chance to learn so much at PT school and have the best time while doing it. I can’t wait to see where I end up in my career as a physical therapist and to always look back on this moment right now to reflect on how far I’ve come. 



Goodbye, folks☺


Maryanne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome All

Human Gross Anatomy: What to Expect

What a Schedule & Classes are Like in the First Year